Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Too early for popsicles?

One of our favorite movies is Groundhog Day. There is a part where they are driving crazy late at night in a car (living like it is their last day) and Bill Murry's character gets pulled over by the police. He pretends the cop is taking their order and asks "too early for flapjacks?" Caden had asked for a popsicle for a snack this morning and I was wondering if it was too early in the season for popsicles. I guess I always thought it was especially reserved for summer until I came to Houston. It is a warm day, so Caden is eating a popsicle right now and it is February. So, I determined it is never too early for popsicles.

I love our unpredictable weather and this season of Houston winter. Do I need a winter coat, umbrella, shorts? When I was dating Greg in the summer, his family has asked if I wanted any hot chocolate. I had never heard of drinking hot chocolate in the summer, but why not, especially if it is a reason to eat mini marshmallows? Yesterday we had 70 degree weather and then we had a huge thunder and lightning storm with hail. It doesn't hail that often at our house, so Caden was very excited and loved the lightning and was running all around the house to look out the different windows to get the best view.

No comments: