Wednesday, January 30, 2008

38 Years

Today is my parent's 38th wedding anniversary. They were married in 1970. They have stayed together this long with two kids and they said they never imagined they would have eight grandkids. Life is just full of surprises. It is especially interesting that they met in the student center at Oklahoma Christian College (now University) while they were playing pool. My dad said he was eating black cherry ice cream (I think that is right). Greg and I also met in the student center at Harding University at the bowling alley (it was a summer registration scheduled event.... we aren't really that into bowling).

We are approaching our ten year anniversary this summer. I thought ten sounded like a lot until I talked to my mom about their 38th anniversary... now that is a lot of miles of traveling life together!!! Greg and I dated three years before we were married so that counts for something too... so we've been together almost 13 years! We have always said we would go to Europe for our tenth, but at this time in our babies lives, we will probably have to put that dream on hold. Some dreams are worth putting on hold!

No comments: